NFL Pickem Week 12
- Category :
Happy Thanksgiving: Eat, Drink And Enjoy The Games
The Washington Redskins (4-6) have to be the best team in the NFL with a losing record. They meet another team with a losing record on Thanksgiving Thursday in one of three holiday games.
The Redskins, who play the New York Giants (2-8), host the night game at 8:30 p.m. ET. Two NFC North leaders meet in the early game at 1 p.m. as Minnesota travels to Detroit. The late afternoon game (4:30 p.m.) features the Los Angeles Chargers at Dallas.
Eight of Washington’s 10 games have come against teams with a winning record. The Redskins have only been favored once this year and they are 2-3 at home and 4-6 against the spread.
The Giants have had a year to forget. Many experts picked them to compete for the NFC East title before the start of the season. They’ve been favored three times this season and lost all three. New York is 1-4 on road and has been outscored 115-57 in their last four games.
There are no more bye weeks during the regular season. All 32 teams are back in action this week.
*VGB’s Week 11 pickem record: 9-5
NFL Picks Straight Up
|MIN at DET||MIN||DET||+135|
|LAC at DAL||N/A||LAC||N/A|
|NYG at WAS||WAS||WAS||-350|
|BUF at KC||KC||KC||-500|
|MIA at NE||NE||NE||-1500|
|CHI at PHI||PHI||PHI||-900|
|TEN at IND||N/A||TEN||N/A|
|CAR at NYJ||CAR||CAR||-220|
|TB at ATL||ATL||ATL||-450|
|CLE at CIN||CIN||CIN||-420|
|SEA at SF||N/A||SEA||N/A|
|NO at LAR||LAR||NO||+125|
|DEN at OAK||OAK||OAK||-235|
|JAC at ARI||JAC||JAC||-230|
|GB at PIT||PIT||PIT||-1000|
|HOU at BAL||BAL||BAL||-330|
Five Teams Among Super Bowl Contenders
Five teams have separated themselves as Super Bowl contenders — two in the AFC and three in the NFC.
The New England Patriots, winners of six straight, are the current favorites to repeat as league champions at just over 3-1. They have outscored their opponents 163-75 during that streak and look to improve to 9-2 this weekend as 17-point favorites over the hapless Miami Dolphins.
The Pittsburgh Steelers are the other AFC powerhouse. Winners of five in a row, they are also huge favorites this weekend. The Steelers square off against the Green Bay Packers in what would have been a classic matchup if Aaron Rodgers was healthy for the Pack. The Steelers are listed at 6-1 to win the Super Bowl and they host the Patriots on Dec. 17 in a game that could decide home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.
The Philadelphia Eagles, 7-9 last season, are the team to beat in the NFC. They are now at season low odds of 4-1 to win the big game. Here’s another division leader that’s a huge favorite this weekend — the Eagles are picked to win by two touchdowns over the Chicago Bears.
Two teams with mediocre records last season — the Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints — are the other two teams in the NFC listed among the top five to win it all.
VGB’s Top 10 NFL Teams
(Current odds to win Super Bowl LII listed after team record. Odds provided by bovada.lv.)
- Philadelphia (9-1) +400 — Eagles have won eight straight, +132 point differential.
- New England (8-2) +310 — One of nine favored by touchdown or more this week.
- Pittsburgh (8-2) +600 — Steelers have won five straight, always tough at home.
- Minnesota (8-2) +1200 — Vikings have won five straight, meet Lions on holiday.
- New Orleans (8-2) +800 — Saints have won eight straight, streak on line in L.A.
- Carolina (7-3) +2200 — Panthers 4-1 on road, tackle Jets in N.Y. off bye week.
- Jacksonville (7-3) +2200 — Jaguars 4-1 on road, need to beat Cards in Arizona.
- Los Angeles Rams (7-3) +1600 — Another top opponent for second week in a row.
- Atlanta (6-4) +2500 — NFC champions had the same record at this point last year.
- Detroit (6-4) +2800 — Thanksgiving tradition continues, meet NFC North leaders.
- $article_thumb['title'] ?? $article_thumb['title' 12/08/19
- $article_thumb['title'] ?? $article_thumb['title' 18/09/18
- $article_thumb['title'] ?? $article_thumb['title' 12/09/18
- $article_thumb['title'] ?? $article_thumb['title' 05/09/18