NBA Friday Night Picks Parlay
- Category :
Rockets On 17-Game Winning Streak
The hottest team in the league is on a mission.
The Houston Rockets face their toughest test of a 17-game winning streak when they travel to the Air Canada Centre on Friday. No one wins here.
The Toronto Raptors have the best home record in the NBA at 27-5. The Rockets have the best record away from home at 26-7. Something has to give.
There are 10 games Friday night in the NBA. Let’s try to pick two winners against the spread (ATS) and cash a winning parlay ticket (odds provided by Bovada).
**VGB’s Friday Night NBA parlay pick — Take Houston (-2.5) over Toronto and Washington (-3) over New Orleans. If both teams cover the spread, the payoff is $66.13 for a $25 bet. If either team loses against the spread, the ticket is void.
Raptors Have Won 13 Of Last 14 Games
Houston (-2.5) at Toronto — Only five teams have won at Toronto all season — Washington, Miami, Golden State, Utah and Milwaukee.
This is the first and only time in the regular season the Rockets (51-13) will face the Raptors (47-17) in Toronto. They have the longest winning streak in the league for the 2017-18 season, breaking Boston’s mark of 16.
The Rockets not only won their 17th consecutive game on Wednesday, but also improved to an incredible 11-1 ATS in the last 12 opportunities as a single-digit favorite.
If the Rockets makes it 18 in a row against Toronto, they will be just four wins shy of their all-time record of 22 which they set in 2007-08.
The Los Angeles Lakers hold the record for the longest winning streak in NBA history. They won 33 straight games in the 1971-72 season, compiling a season-best 69-13 record and went on to win the NBA Finals.
The Raptors have been on a bit of a streak of their own, winning six straight and 13 of their last 14. This is a huge statement game for Toronto. With the playoffs just a month away, it’s time to show the league they are for real.
Overall, the Raptors are 36-28-0 ATS. The Rockets, who beat Toronto by 16 points on Nov. 14 at home, are 34-29-1.
Pelicans Surging In Southwest
Washington (-3) at New Orleans — The Wizards (37-28) currently lead the Southeast Division and hold the No. 4 seed in the playoffs in the East. The Pelicans (39-28) have surged to second in the Southwest and the No. 3 playoff seed in the West.
Like their division leaders in Houston, the Pelicans are on a 10-game winning streak and haven’t lost at home since Feb. 5. The Wizards are 6-6 in their last 12 games, but 4-0 in their last four road games.
Anthony Davis continues his argument for league MVP as the all-star, who averages more than 28 points a game this season, helps the Pelicans steal some of the attention away from the Rockets and Warriors. Davis is doubtful for this game with a sprained ankle. Bradley Beal (23.5 ppg) is the leading scorer for Washington.
Overall, the Pelicans are 35-28-1 ATS, while the Wizards are 31-33-1.
VGB’s Top 10 NBA Teams
(Current odds to win the NBA Finals listed after team record. Odds provided by Bovada.)
- Houston (51-13) +350 — Best road record (26-7) and conference (31-8).
- Golden State (51-14) -175 — In midst of toughest stretch of their schedule.
- Toronto (47-17) +1100 — Deep bench keeps Raptors in every game.
- Boston (46-20) +1400 — No team has come closer to beating Rockets.
- Portland (39-26) +30000 — Blazers have won 14 of last 15 at home.
- Cleveland (38-26) +550 — Worst team in league against spread (20-43-1).
- New Orleans (38-26) +50000 — Davis averaging 37 points in win streak.
- Indiana (37-28) +50000 — Big wins over Washington, Milwaukee last week.
- Washington (37-28) +7500 — Just 1-3 in recent four-game homestand.
- San Antonio (37-28) +4000 — 3-9 in last 12, poor record on road (14-20).
- $article_thumb['title'] ?? $article_thumb['title' 29/05/18
- $article_thumb['title'] ?? $article_thumb['title' 12/05/18
- $article_thumb['title'] ?? $article_thumb['title' 30/04/18
- $article_thumb['title'] ?? $article_thumb['title' 13/04/18