NFL Week 14 Betting Picks
- Category :
Texans, Cowboys Hottest Teams in NFL
The hottest teams in the NFL are not those that have been grabbing all the headlines. They’re not the top picks in the NFL future betting lines, either.
The Houston Texans (9-3) and Dallas Cowboys (7-5) are quietly putting together lengthy winning streaks while the New Orleans Saints, Los Angeles Rams and Kansas City Chiefs seem to make all the news with their high-flying aerial attacks.
The Rams (+300) and Saints (+330) are the current favorites in the future odds, while the Chiefs (+550) are close behind (odds provided by Bovada). The Texans (+1600) and Cowboys (+2500) offer a lot of betting value, while knocking off some top teams during their respective winning streaks.
The Texans have reeled off nine consecutive victories after losing their first three games to start the season. The Cowboys have won four straight, including a gritty win last week against the Saints, who many believe are the best team in the NFL today.
NFL Future Odds Explained
The Rams are the favorites to win their first Super Bowl since 1999 when the franchise was located in St. Louis.
The Rams are +300 or 3-1 odds, which means a bettor will make $3 profit for every bet of $1. A $100 bet on L.A. would earn a $300 profit for a total return of $400. If a bettor wagered $20 on the Rams, the total return would be $80 ($20 bet + $60 profit = $80 total return).
The Cowboys, who lead the NFC East, sit at +2500 or 25-1. That means a $100 bet on the Cowboys would earn a $2,500 profit for a total return of $2,600. If a bettor wagered $20 on the Cowboys, the total return would be $520 ($20 bet + $500 profit = $520 total total return).
Future betting lines change throughout the season, depending upon the performance of the team and the amount of money being wagered. Your odds, however, are fixed once you make a bet.
VGB’s Picks of the Week
• Jacksonville Jaguars (+4.5) at Tennessee Titans
The Titans (6-6) have owned the Jaguars (4-8) over the last few years, winning five of the last six meetings. Tennessee won 9-6 the first time these two teams played in Week 3. Jacksonville won in Week 14 over Indianapolis to snap a seven-game losing streak.
Pick — Titans (-4.5)
• Atlanta Falcons (+6) at Green Bay Packers
The Falcons (4-8) have lost four straight and haven’t covered in any of those games. But the Packers (4-7-1) are reeling. They’ve lost three straight, including their first loss at home this season, and fired longtime coach Mike McCarthy. This game will tell us just how bad things are in Green Bay.
Pick — Falcons (+6)
• Indianapolis Colts (+4.5) at Houston Texans
The Texans are 6-3 against the spread during their nine-game winning streak. Andrew Luck is on a four-game losing streak against the Texans, and the Colts (6-6) failed to score a single point last weekend in Jacksonville. Houston also beat Indy in Week 4.
Pick — Texans (-4.5)
• Cincinnati Bengals (+14.5) at Los Angeles Chargers
Giving up more than two touchdowns is a lot of points, but the Chargers (9-3) come into this one off their biggest win of the season in Pittsburgh and the Bengals (5-7) are dreadful without QB Andy Dalton. They lost by 11 points at home. How much worse will it be on the road in L.A.?
Pick — Chargers (-14.5)
VGB’s Top 10 NFL Teams
(Record in bracket followed by future odds to win Super Bowl, odds provided by Bovada.)
1. New Orleans (10-2) +330 — Brees playing best of his career; +150 in points.
2. Kansas City (10-2) +550 — Unbeaten at home; losses at New England, L.A.
3. Los Angeles Rams (11-1) +300 — 21st against the run, but third in takeaways.
4. New England (9-3) +550 — Also perfect at home; defense 25th against pass.
5. Houston (9-3) +1600 — Outscored teams 243-161 during franchise record run.
6. Dallas (7-5) +2500 — Defense second in league in points allowed; 5-1 at home.
7. Los Angeles Chargers (9-3) +1100 — Top 10 defense; play Chiefs next week.
8. Chicago (8-4) +2000 — Just .500 on road; need Trubisky back for playoff push.
9. Pittsburgh (7-4-1) +1400 — Too many picks, fumbles for Hall of Fame QB.
10. Baltimore (7-5) +4000 — Rookie QB 3-0; big tests on road against K.C., L.A.
See below the top sportsbooks where you can wager online and choose the best one for you: